Thursday, September 17, 2009


Along the River

Exposure mode: P
Shutter speed: 1/8
Aperture: 3.2
Composition: Rule of thirds
Element: Space
Description: Walking threw storybook land and i saw this river and loved it. i removed sidewalks and builds and added more to the trees. enhanced the colors and highlights and shadows.


Soda Pop

Exposure Mode: P
Shutter speed: 1/30
Aperture: 3.2
Composition: Framing
Principle: Balance
Description: Sitting in pizza hut with Zach waiting for our pizza. this is one of my favorite picture of him. i enhanced highlights and shadows and added more of the wooden background and removed darkness around the under of the eyes.
Falling Down

Exposure Mode: P
Shutter speed: 1/75
Aperture: 3.2
Composition: Bird's eye
Principle: Balance
Description: I was walking along looking for a building to stand on but i came to the conclusion that i wasn't going to be able to do such a thing so i settled for the edge of Lincoln. i blurred and darkened the ground and enhanced the color and highlights in the leaves and stone. i turned my shoes and skirt black and white and enhanced highlights and shadows.

Bean Fountain

Exposure mode: P
Shutter speed: 1/25
Aperture: 3.2
Composition: Rule of Thirds
Principles: Unity
Description: Walking threw story book land i found it very interesting about how i found unity in this picture with something that was liquid and something that is solid. i also love how the sun was setting when i took this picture to make the tips of the trees bright. i enhanced the highlights in the water and the tips of the leaves. i also enhanced the color and removed the sidewalks, a few buildings and a fence to make it look not so modern.

5 comments:

  1. photo 1:
    color
    shapes
    contrast- I like the contrast in texture between the rocks, the water, and the rough trees. and the colors are so vibrant!

    photo 2:
    color
    angles
    depth
    I like the framing of the soda. The angle creates great depth. I think its a really fun picture.

    Photo 3:
    depth
    contrast
    color
    It makes me feel like I am about to jump into a fairy tale because the ground is fuzzy and bright :D

    Photo 4:
    movement
    contrast
    I really like how the white sky blends in with the background-it completely disappears making the photo all about the fountain in the foreground. This picture has great movement in making my eye start at the bottom by the fountain and continually move upward with the water and then the pole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. photo #1
    I like the color and clarity of this picture!. What stands out to me is the unity and also the reflection of the trees. She did a great job of bringing out the colors of the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. photo #2
    The gaze in his eyes that make the viewer want to look up catches my eye. I like that the glass is blurred and that makes the viewer focus on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  4. photo #3
    Great catch of the water and pond. I think this picture would benefit with a border as the sky blends in with the border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Along the River! It is beautiful!

    In Soda Pop I like how you don't know what he is looking at. I kind of wish the empty plate wasn't in the picture though.


    In falling down, I wish you had more of your skirt in the shot.

    In Bean Fountain, I love the highlights and shadows. It makes it a very romantic photo.

    ReplyDelete